Wednesday, October 21, 2015

IRK MY NERVES: Ticket Resalers

Now I'm all for flipping something to make a profit but CMONNNNNNNNN!!


Today is the day of the TIDAL 10X20 concert (well yesterday). According to the "TIDAL company", all of the proceeds will be donated to charity. In my mind, I'm like OK I can throw some coins around to make it to this concert.....its for a good cause....PLUS I get to see PRINCE!!.  Once the concert was announced, I knew it was going to be hard to get through for the pre-sale but I kept trying and failed miserably. Clearly their web/app developers were not prepared for the high traffic.


But any who the next day, I kept trying on TIDAL but still nothing. So I'm like let me look around on these third party ticket systems. Low and Behold I see them on Stubhub! and Ticket Monster. As I was looking at the prices my face continues to scrunch and scrunch because their prices are completely jacked up! I'm thinking NO WAY!! tomorrow Ticketmaster will have them on sale for the general public at the regular price and I will buy them then.


Friday comes, I got my web page loaded...I'm all signed in on Ticket Master and I'm ready to buy...just watching the clock countdown. AND as soon as it's time ticket master shows "sorry unavailable or too many people on the site right now wait to they release their tickets" WHAT THE FUCK it's only 10:01 and 59 secs how is this even possible. Well I keep trying for over an hour and no luck. Because Twitter knows all I headed there and the comments are booming on how no one can get through on the phone, through the Internet or etc.... Then I see one tweet that says TIDAL shows sold out, Ticket Master shows sold out BUTTTTT StubHub! has over a 1100 tickets available.

So I went back to StubHub to see what they had and I see tickets from 100 to 5,000 dollars... YOU....HAVE.....GOT....TO.....BE.....KIDDING....ME. The original prices were $39 to 200 keep that in mind. Since all of these artist are supposed to perform. I'll go ahead and throw StubHub this money and I know how to pick out decent nose bleed seats.....

But BOyyyyy, When I printed out my tickets and saw the original price for $39.50 I was pissed. Of course I know its a resale but hide the price from me or something make me feel like I wasn't jipped. I like the smoke and mirrors sometime.

I do have a question though... since all the proceeds were supposed to go to charity. Why is StubHub, Ticket Monster and all these other digital scalpers allowed to buy these tickets if the "money is going to charity" because people definitely made a profit. The new age digital scalpers sit up here buy all these fucking tickets and leave nothing for the people but high ass prices and extra service fees. You can tell me I need to be quicker and all that other shit but I can be at the computer waiting all day and they still can be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment