Wednesday, October 21, 2015

IRK MY NERVES: TIDAL 10X20~~The Good and The Bad

Last night Jay Z brought a POWERHOUSE event to the Barclay Center: Tidal 10X20. Which featured an array of big name artists and newcomers. Beyonce, Jay Z, Nicki Minaj, Meek Mill, Rick Ross, T.I., Alessia Cara, Flatbush Zombies and many more.

I was excited to see all these artist in one place because I can "kill two birds with one stone" instead of going to their individual shows. Plus I've been waiting to see Prince for a long time and I thought this was my chance to finally see him!!

Let me start with the Bad first: The doors were supposed to open at 7pm but apparently that was just the "company man" response to keep people at ease. Plus the way they lined people up was weird. Why would you have the line zig zag when people are just going to turn around and face the door when it's time to go in. But any who after getting in and settled in our seats, I just so happen to check the TIDAL T-shirt and GUESS WHAT I don't see Prince's name anywhere......UMMM where is his name,  did the lineup change, if so why wasn't I notified with a nicely worded email and asking me if I wanted a refund (even though that's wishful thinking). I did not find out he wasn't coming till I googled it. Honestly, I think the only reason I went to concert, was for Prince and clearly I was the only one checking for him because people kept staring at me when I yelled out "Where's Prince?!?" Tidal this was not a festival and I did not see artists are subject to change. I mean I made me alil shirt for Prince's arrival and everything.

Anyway after I got myself together, the show start at like 8:30, finally!! So the band Indochine, comes out first and they're rocking, I can't understand what they saying but they were still good. They performed two songs, so I'm thinking OK this is how it's going to be for the night. NOPE!! all the opening acts performed One song except Flatbush Zombies. It felt like the artists that performed One song was gone as soon as I blinked. You don't know how many times I heard people say there done already.... So eventually some of the more known names started coming out but still One to Two songs. Now I'm thinking maybe their giving Beyonce the last act since she's a good performer. NOPE!!! she didn't perform any of her songs, she just featured on Nicki Minaj's "Feeling Myself" And Jay Z's "Holy Grail". By this time it's close to 11, Jay Z performs New York and were done, finished, everyone go home the shows over.

The total show was from 8:30 to 11:10 with mini breaks in between. UGGHH and I traveled from Baltimore,MD.

Now Let's talk about the Good: When Meek Mill came out and performed his old stuff (thank goodness because I did not want to hear none of his new music) the crowd was finally up and moving because for most of the night the crowd was just mediocre. Meek Mill brought out Rick Ross, French Montana and DJ Khaled, that performance had everyone on their feet.

Damian Marley was Awesome, Of course the crowd was feeling this performance because seeing him is a rare occurrence. I wished they would have let him perform like 3-4 songs though. T.I. and Young Dro was exciting to see because Grand Hustle is the ish. (especially Dro's first album..go listen if you've never heard it.)  Fabolous, Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Usher and others were notable but again the sets were just too short for me.

My favorite part!! was DJ CIPHA Sounds...Why you ask...because he had the crowd amped and on their feet from the time he entered the stage to the time he left stage. Like after seeing that, I know I will go see him Dj at any club, event, party, concert and etc. because he brought energy to the building.







No comments:

Post a Comment